Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 3 please give me a home.

You know that feeling of relief after a stressful time?  When you laugh at your past-self for being so unnecessarily worried, because everything did indeed work out?

Well, I'm not there.

I'm that past-self who is very, very worried about where I'm going to live.

I visited my intended apartment.  It is on an adorable farm, with a sheep dog and a barn cat.  The family is wonderfully pleasant and the room overlooks a lovely field and the mountains.  What more could I possibly ask for?

Maybe a washing machine?
That is the sticking point.
But, do I really need clean clothes? Like, really?

Yes.  That is a fact.  I, as a runner, need to be able to wash out all of my stinky running clothes and teach in a presentable manner.

But seriously, it is a beautiful apartment, affordable and outside of the city, which concerns one of my teachers.  "What if you want to go out?" I mean, it's 6 miles....

So, what are your thoughts?  How terrible is life schlepping around one's laundry?

Let's all hope that I find a home soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment